Dawam Clinic is the best female dentist in Karachi for surgical tooth extraction
Explore the world of tooth extraction and bid farewell to tooth troubles
Have you ever been in pain because of a severely damaged or decayed tooth? You are not alone if this is the case. The extraction of a tooth from its socket is a common dental procedure that can relieve pain, prevent complications, and restore your oral health. Prepare yourself for a journey of tooth transformation sprinkled with a bit of dental humor!
What is the need for tooth extraction?
Reasons for tooth extraction: When bidding farewell is the best course of action
It is possible to recommend tooth extraction in a variety of situations, including severe tooth decay, irreparable tooth damage, impacted wisdom teeth, orthodontic treatment requirements, and preparation for dental prosthetics. While the thought of having a tooth extracted may make you cringe, there is no need to fear! We are committed to providing you with gentle care and ensuring your comfort throughout the procedure. Here are a few common situations where a tooth extraction becomes your dental hero.
The Tooth Extraction Process Unveiled
- Surgical extractions involve removing a tooth that is too damaged, decayed, or impacted to be removed using traditional extraction techniques.
- Extractions are usually performed by oral and maxillofacial surgeons or general dentists with special training in this procedure.
A surgical extraction typically consists of the following steps:
- Anesthesia: During the procedure, the patient will be given local anesthesia to numb the area or general anesthesia to put them to sleep.
- An incision will be made in the gum tissue by the dentist in order to expose the tooth and the bone surrounding it.
- The dentist will remove the tooth and any bone that may be blocking its extraction. Sometimes, it may be necessary for the dentist to section the tooth into smaller pieces so that it can be removed more easily.
- Sutures are used to close the incision, and a dressing is applied to help promote healing.
- In most cases, surgical extractions are performed on an outpatient basis and take between 30 minutes and one hour to complete.
- Within a few days following the procedure, the patient may experience swelling, discomfort, and bleeding.
- The dentist will provide instructions on proper care and pain management measures to help ensure the best possible outcome.
- Patients with damaged or impacted teeth who cannot be removed with conventional methods can benefit from a surgical extraction.
- It is important that patients discuss their options with their dentist and follow the proper care instructions to ensure the best possible outcome and a successful recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Understanding that there are two types of tooth extraction is important,
- An elevator is used to extract your tooth in a simple tooth extraction. A simple tooth extraction procedure is performed on teeth that have surfaced over the gum line.
- After that, we perform a surgical tooth extraction, which is performed on unsurfaced teeth.
Dawam Clicnic follows the same protocols whether we are performing a surgical or simple tooth extraction procedure. Let us assist you in the process.
- We begin by numbing your tooth and the area around it so you will experience as little discomfort as possible during the procedure. Throughout the procedure, we ensure the patient’s physical and mental satisfaction.
- It is now time to proceed with the primary extraction process and the necessary instruments, such as elevators, etc. Our top doctors will be involved in this process.
- Now that your tooth socket is exposed. Next, we will clean and remove any debris or bacteria from the inside of the tooth.
- If more than one tooth is removed and the surgery is significant, then you might require stitches, but do not worry, nothing will be done without your consent. You will be informed of everything in advance.
- It is our responsibility to ensure that your bleeding has stopped completely and that any swelling present is treated.
Under the supervision of experts, the entire procedure will be carried out with care and the most modern and technologically advanced equipment will be used. You are in safe hands at Dawam Clicnic.
Yes, you would need to follow proper aftercare after a surgical extraction. We would like to explain how you should properly follow the aftercare instructions in order to avoid damaging the surgical site.
- Our dental team will place gauze pads in your tooth socket to stop bleeding. You will be required to change the gauze pads frequently in order to keep the area around your tooth free from infection.
- Painkillers will be administered to you. There is no need to skip those as the afterpain can be quite intense. If you take your medications on time, you will be fine.
- It will not be sufficient to follow up on pain relievers alone. You will have to make sure that you attend any doctor’s appointment if you are called again for a checkup.
- After a surgical extraction, we recommend resting for a few days.
- Do not use force, including your mouth; refrain from spitting and rinsing your mouth as well.
- You should refrain from brushing and flossing for at least 24 hours, and even after 24 hours, you should brush and floss lightly, avoiding the extraction area.
- Nutritionally healthy and soft foods are recommended, along with fresh juices, such as porridge and soup.
- Smoking, drinking, and any other activity that can slow the healing process should be avoided.
As soon as you have been without rinsing your mouth for 24 to 28 hours, make sure you rinse it with a solution comprised of warm water and a little salt. Your mouth will be disinfected in a very natural and subtle manner by this solution.
The orthopantomogram (OPG)
A panoramic X-ray may be recommended for orthodontic treatment, for the assessment of impactions such as wisdom teeth, or for an overall overview of the teeth and the supporting bone.
During an OPG, all of the teeth of the lower face are visualized on a single film, including both the upper and lower jaws.
This chart illustrates the number, position, and growth of all the teeth, including those which have not yet erupted.
As well as problems with the jawbone and the joint that connects the jawbone to your head, an OPG may also reveal problems with the Temporomandibular joint.
The advantages of an OPG
A panoramic image/OPG has the following advantages:
1. Comprehensive coverage of the jaw bone and teeth, including the TMJ (temporomandibular joint)
2. Radiation doses to patients are low
3. It is convenient to conduct the examination
4. It is convenient for patients with limited mouth openings
5. Producing the image takes a short amount of time
6. Patient education and case representation can be enhanced by the use of visual aids.
Have you been searching for wisdom tooth removal costs near me, but have not been able to find a surgical extraction clinic with the most competitive rates? We at Dawam Clicnic will ensure that you receive the best prices when it comes to low-cost tooth extraction near me.
In Karachi Gulshan-e-Iqbal, the average surgical tooth extraction cost ranges from 3000-5000 or more.
Dawam Clicnic is the best choice when it comes to surgical extraction in Gulshan e Iqbal not only because we offer the best services, but we also offer plenty of deals.
What are you waiting for? Now is the time to schedule an appointment.
Hydra Facial at Dawam was a refreshing experience. My skin feels deeply cleansed and hydrated. The procedure was quick and effective, and I can’t wait to book my next appointment. Dawam’s skincare services are top-notch!
I had my root canal treatment at Dawam, and I must say that the dental team made the process painless and comfortable. I no longer have any toothache, and I’m grateful for their excellent dental care.
I opted for the BB Glow treatment at Dawam to achieve a natural and even skin tone. I am thrilled with the results; my skin looks flawless and radiant. Dawam’s expertise in skincare is commendable!
I had my first Hydra Facial at Dawam, and I am amazed at how smooth and hydrated my skin feels. The treatment was relaxing, and I can see a noticeable difference in my skin’s appearance. Great job, Dawam!
Vampire Facial at Dawam was a unique experience. The treatment has improved my skin texture and reduced pigmentation issues. I can’t wait to go back for another session. Thank you, Dawam!
Dawam’s Face PRP treatment has done wonders for my skin. The fine lines and wrinkles have diminished, and my skin looks and feels rejuvenated. I couldn’t be happier with the results. Highly recommended!
I was struggling with hair loss for years, and nothing seemed to work. But after getting Hair PRP at Dawam, my hair has visibly thickened, and I feel more confident than ever. Thank you, Dawam, for giving me back my hair!
Quite and cozy atmosphere, Staff shows their ability to handle the patient. Consulting with Doctor was a good experience, and I must appreciate her. Overall a wonderful visit to Dawam Healthcare.
Yesterday I went to show my mother here she had some problem in her ear so thy treat them well and did not take money.
I want to thank everyone that contributed to taking care of me. I loved my experience at Dawam Healthcare and would recommend this hospital to family and friends. Keep up the phenomenal work.